Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

This year was a pretty special Father's Day.  Not only did I have two kids to shower me with love and attention, but we had Mom and Dad here as well.  And if that wasn't enough, it was also Hunter's birthday.  I'm pretty sure this is the first time that his birthday and Father's Day have coincided.


It was such a big day that Sophie figured it should start at 6:30am just so we had enough time to honor me as a father. I guess she didn't know that Father's Day isn't supposed to actually start until 9:00am.  Might be a Van Orman thing, her not quite knowing how things are done. I understand for Mom's first Mother's Day, I bought her Turtles chocolates even though she's allergic to nuts. I guess at 4 months old I wasn't really into the details just yet.

Hunter put together a great present for me.


I'm wondering how much he really contributed and how much help he may have had. Either way it's a great picture and I can't wait to put it on my desk at work.

Nicole and Sophie also spoiled me. I got a new golf outfit and golf balls.  The best part of this gift is the ability (and I am guessing the permission) to spend a bit more time golfing this year.

So as you can see, it was a great day. I have an amazing wife and wonderful children who appreciate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment