Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Time to put my feet up yet?

Well, in the last two weeks I have managed to keep myself very busy but I think that we are just about ready to have the newest member of our family join us.  The basement isn't finished but we are going to have drywall up soon so it means we are getting closer.  For now, the guest room will stay a guest/baby room until we can move stuff back into the basement so Scooter will spend the first little bit in a bassinet.  I did, however, manage to get most of the clothes, toys, books and general baby stuff organized so I believe we are ready whenever Scooter is.  I also managed to finish my mural.  It took a couple weeks for me to finish the second coat, fix a few mistakes and add some detail but I really love how it turned out.
So I think, other than filling our freezer to the brim with meals and treats so we have less to do when the baby arrives, I can finally put up my feet and relax.  3 weeks to go!

3 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I'm glad you were able to fix all my mistakes... ha. Did you use the same color as the wall to paint the veins? It turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing!!! Scooter will be so lucky to have such a great room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually found a paint pen and drew in the veins. So much easier than trying to paint straight lines!

    ReplyDelete