Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Crazy Thing

So a crazy thing happened to me today...I finally got Elise down for a nap and immediately rushed Sophie to the craft table to make a birthday painting for her dad.  We got the basics of the craft done and when I suggested we add some fish to her painting, she said, "No.  I'm done.  I think I will go play now."  And away she went.
For the last few months, I have felt guilty about not spending enough one on one time with Sophie.  Elise has been busy teething, so fussy and wanting me to hold her constantly.  I have tried to make the most of her nap time by doing something fun with Sophie, like dressing up as king and queen, building castles with straws, playing outside (although on a few occasions, by the time we got all bundled up and outside, Elise would wake up and we would have to rush in), or doing crafts.  But when Elise is up, she has been dominating my time, wanting to be walked or held.  But in the end, it has helped Sophie to learn to play on her own.  She will sit and play Pet Shops/My Little Ponies/Little People/Minnie Mouse for up to an hour on her own.  These characters all live together in various Little People domains and visit the Pet Shop Vet Clinic often. 
I have folded my laundry, swept the floor and still have a minute to write a blog.  Wow!  What a crazy day!  Hope there are more.
I haven`t had a chance to write about our Christmas yet but here are some pics you can enjoy.  Click here.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment